A brand New Year can be very exciting as it offers a clean slate and new possibilities with review of priorities.
Did you include putting yourself first in 2015? Are you a priority?
Human energy is the fuel that keeps us going and moves us towards our goals in life. Human energy, however, is not infinite.
Generating and managing our energy on and off the job is critical to sustaining our movement forward and interfacing with challenges as they present themselves. Being successful at work involves making many mini-decisions that add up and make or break it in terms of our health, well-being, and productivity.
To optimize your energy consider the following:
• Delegate and share responsibilities at work.
• Avoid confrontation with difficult colleagues.
• Find an outlet for frustrations.
• Be more assertive.
• Take control over some aspect of the job.
• Reward yourself for accomplishments.
• Avoid drug use (alcohol, prescription drugs, nicotine, caffeine, over the counter medications.)
• Find humor or absurdity in stressful situations.
• Don’t take on more than you can cope with; know your limits
• Organize the time to accomplish tasks.
• Find colleagues you can talk to and process things that are going on.
• Get plenty of sleep.
• Practice good nutrition.
• Find something good about the job each day.
Each of these tips offers an opportunity to formulate new healthy habits boosting attitude, motivation, productivity, and the self-esteem and confidence that most of us want.
Rule of thumb; the better we feel, the more we will want to do – Energy begets energy.
Successful people formulate a daily structure and habits within it supporting their personal and professional needs. Their carefully crafted structure and habits serve as their winning formula sustaining them and continues to impact positive results.
Self-discipline is a valued friend supporting everything that they do keeping their goals front and center in work and life.
And, remember, no one gets to where they are going alone.